Saturday, April 16, 2011

Offset wraplan cuteness

A couple of friends had babies around the same time, and I thought the offset wraplan was the coolest little baby sweater around at the time.  In hopes of making them wearable for a little longer than a week as a tiny little baby, I made what the pattern said was about a 6 to 9 month size.  Oh was that wrong - it turned out to be more of a 12 to 24 month size, but that's okay and they've gotten some wear.  I used some Dream in Color (LOVE the intense, hand painted colors but its still machine washable wool!!) classy which is a worsted, while the pattern called for a sport weight.  I knit a pretty tight gauge though, so I don't think that can totally account for the big size difference.














Functionally, its not the best design having such a wide neck.  I think it probably looks better on a toddler than an infant because of the neck. I would definitely make it again though, modifying the neck line slightly.  I loved the offset front, for being such a simple design it gives it some character.




  Button choice was my favorite.  I think I found the sheep buttons first and picked the yarn to match.  The green buttons with the orange & yellow were an afterthought, and I think it makes it seem a little more grown-up and 'portlandy' for some reason. 



No comments:

Post a Comment