Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The best cowl EVER.

Okay, so I've only made two styles of cowls, so perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions thinking this is the best cowl ever, BUT, I'm pretty sure I'm on to something.  The 'burberry inspired cowl' is a quick knit and with the placement of the cables, it lays perfectly cowl-ly.

I've used madelinetosh vintage and definitely think its a fantastic yarn for this project.  It really holds the stitch pattern and once blocked, it almost poofs up a bit and gets softer and softer.

madelinetosh vintage - colorway 'water well' I think





This silver/gray was made out of an alpaca blend making it quite soft, but a little scratchy on the skin.  I made it a little longer (well wider) but it definitely doesn't 'lay' as well nor hold the folds as well as the madelinetosh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment