Saturday, March 5, 2011

In love with andalusia

I recently discovered the sweet little Andalusia pattern by Teresa Cole, and have already made 2 with more yarn on hand for another and more projects on deck in my head.  Its an easy knit that has plenty of interest to keep you entertained, yet not so complicated to get frustrated.  I LOVE how its turned out in MadelineTosh Merino:


Although probably not the most practical of yarns for a baby sweater (this is a 12 mth-ish size), the texture of the yarn along with the style gives it a vintage sort of feel. 




I still haven't found the perfect buttons for it yet, though, but I'm still hunting.  The yarn also gives it a good thickness and this yarn gets SOOOO soft and smooshy when blocked.  

I also made a larger version (a 2T size I believe) in MadelineTosh Vintage for my nephew.  The vintage, even after blocking was a great yarn for this as well - it has a bit of a sheen to it (that may fade with time/washing as it had with other projects I've done with it) and its a little bit lighter than the merino.  I love the asymmetry of the front and the way it makes the collar fall.  







This shows the 'sheen' the yarn has - although the lighting is a little funky in this picture, its a little more true to the actual color of the yarn. 


I found these great leather buttons that really worked well with the color, and added to the 'style' of the sweater.   And below you can see the differing stitch patterns that add great detail to a kid's sweater. 






And the finished project on Joaquin!  So its really big, which was what I wanted - I know he can wear it for a long time, and considering they live in San Diego, it needed to be a little lighter in weight to have any chance of getting worn!  It makes me think of a little old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment