Thursday, March 10, 2011

Snowbird....Finally a grown up sweater...

I recently decided it was time to invest in and stopped being scared of making an adult sweater.  I think I've created a monster, considering that I now have 3 (maybe 4??) sweaters currently on the needles.  More about those to follow.  

'Snowbird' is turning out to be the one I have the most interest in and have been making good progress on.  I wanted a nice, long, basic open sweater/cardigan that I could use some great marled yarn - Purelife British Sheep Breeds DK in blue faced Leiceister.  Crossing my fingers that it's an acceptable substitute, its looking pretty good so far.  

I've decided to add some button holes, I am envisioning toggle buttons on this, but who knows.  Pictures of my progress to follow.... 

  I am counting on the fact that it will block out much better than its looking now.








The inside of the cardigan in stockinette.  I definitely like the look of st st as opposed to the reverse stockinette.  Oh well, next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment